Specialised College education courses [Fachhochschul-Studiengänge] were created as an independent alternative to the existing courses of study at universities. Particular features of this type of education are:
- Profession-oriented and experience-oriented organisation at higher education level
- Fixed study duration – six semesters (bachelor study) and two to four semesters (master study) - obligatory attendance
- Award of an academic degree to the graduates
Students at a college are on an equal footing with students at universities.
Measures concerning academic subsidies [Studienförderung] or subsidies of studies abroad also apply to students at colleges.
Almost 50% of courses are offered for working people (work and study at the same time in contrast to full-time study).
A list of the specialised College in Austria can also be found at HELP.gv.at.
- Link to the Specialised Colleges
- Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy
- Specialised Colleges Council (FHK)
HELP Editorial Staff