Specialised College education courses [Fachhochschul-Studiengänge] were created as an independent alternative to the existing courses of study at universities. Particular features of this type of education are:
- Profession-oriented and experience-oriented organisation
- Fixed study duration – six semesters (bachelor study) and two to four semesters (master study) - obligatory attendance
- Award of an academic degree to the graduates
Students at a college are on an equal footing with students at universities.
Measures concerning academic subsidies [Studienförderung] or subsidies of studies abroad also apply to students at colleges.
The Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy [Bundesministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Wirtschaft], as well as the College Council (FHR) [Fachhochschulrat (FHR)] offer detailed information and all important addresses concerning this topic.
- Link to the Specialised Colleges
- Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy
- College Council (FHR)
Please note .
Federal Chancellery – HELP Editorial Staff