Residence Registration Form [Meldezettel]
The "old" Residence Registration Form ["alte" Meldezettel] has been replaced by the certificate of registration [Meldebestätigung].
The "new" Residence Registration Form [Meldezettel] is the form which the Residence Registration Authorities [Gemeinde] use to enter the registration data into the Central Register of Residence Registrations [Zentrales Melderegister].
The registration form has to be filled in completely and readable. The following has to be considered:
- Religious confession: This box can be left blank until the landlady/landlord has signed the residence registration form. It can also be left blank completely.
- ZMR-Number: This number has to be filled in if it is known. The ZMR-Number has twelve digits, is randomly assigned by the system and helps the authorities with the identification.
- Signature of the person who is to be registered: This confirms the correctness of the data.
- Signature of the person providing accommodation
Provider of accommodation is a person who offers accommodation to a tenant, for example
- The owner of a house or a common hold flat offers accommodation to themselves, the flat mate (for example partner, relatives) or the main tenant
- The main tenant offers accommodation to the flat mate or the subtenant
- The subtenant offers accommodation to the flat mate
Please note .
Federal Chancellery – HELP Editorial Staff