Toll Sticker and Tolls
To begin with, the Digital Vignette will be available online via the website www.asfinag.at or the ASFINAG-app "Unterwegs". From Summer 2018 onwards, it will be purchasable wherever the adhesive toll sticker can be bought, i.e. at tobbaconists, at petrol stations, at automobile clubs and at ASFINAG toll stations. Answers to frequently asked questions about the Digital Vignette can be obtained from the ASFINAG's website.
All vehicles with a permissible maximum weight of up to 3.5 t (e.g. motor bikes, cars) using motorways and expressways are required to display a toll sticker. In Austria, toll stickers are available at automobile clubs, petrol stations and tobacconists, as well as at Austrian Motorway and Expressway Corporation [ASFINAG] toll plazas.
Motor bikes with sidecars only require a toll sticker for two-wheeled vehicles; those with two wheels on one of their axles (e.g. trikes) require a car toll sticker.
The prices for the toll sticker 2017 (which is turquoise coloured) are:
- Cars and trucks with a permissible maximum weight of up to 3.5 t
- One-year toll sticker: 86.40 Euro (from 1 December 2017: 87.30 Euro)
- Two-month toll sticker: 25.90 Euro (from 1 December 2017: 26.20 Euro)
- Ten-day toll sticker: 8.90 Euro (from 1 December 2017: 9 Euro)
- Motor bikes (single-track motor vehicles, including motor bikes with sidecars)
- One-year toll sticker: 34.40 Euro (from 1 December 2017: 34.70 Euro)
- Two-month toll sticker: 13 Euro (from 1 December 2017: 13.10 Euro)
- Ten-day toll sticker: 5.10 Euro (from 1 December 2017: 5.20 Euro)
The sticker for the year 2018 which is cherry-red coloured will be valid from 1 December 2017. The turquoise coloured stickers for the year 2017 can be used until 31 January 2018. From 1 February 2018, only the new cherry-red coloured stickers will be valid.
Information on special regulations for disabled peopleGerman text is available on the German website at HELP.gv.at.
Drivers of vehicles with a permissible maximum weight exceeding 3.5 t (e.g. heavy goods vehicles, buses, heavy mobile homes) must pay a mileage-based toll for the use of motorways and expressways (HGV toll system).
There is a graduation for the tariffs for mileage-based toll (vehicles exceeding 3.5 t) according to the EURO emission classes. When the EURO emission class has been declared at one of the GO outlets it is stored on the GO-box. From that moment on this class is taken into account for toll transactions. If a EURO emission class which leads to a lower toll tariff than Euro III or Euro 3 is declared (from EURO IV or EURO 4 on or better) it has to be proven.
- Toll Sticker (ASFINAG)
- Toll for HGV and Bus (ASFINAG)
- Frequently Asked Questions Concerning the New Digital Toll Sticker (BMVIT)German text
Federal Chancellery – HELP Editorial Staff
Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology