Toll Sticker and Tolls
All vehicles with a permissible maximum weight of up to 3.5 t (e.g. motor bikes, cars) using motorways and expressways are required to display a toll sticker. In Austria, toll stickers are available at automobile clubs, petrol stations and tobacconists, as well as at Austrian Motorway and Expressway Corporation [ASFINAG] toll plazas.
Motor bikes with sidecars only require a toll sticker for two-wheeled vehicles; those with two wheels on one of their axles (e.g. trikes) require a car toll sticker.
The prices for the toll sticker 2016 (which is mandarin orange coloured) are:
- Cars and trucks with a permissible maximum weight of up to 3.5 t
- One-year toll sticker: 85,70 Euro (from 1 December 2016: 86,40 Euro)
- Two-month toll sticker: 25,70 Euro (from 1 December 2016: 25,90 Euro)
- Ten-day toll sticker: 8,80 Euro (from 1 December 2016: 8,90 Euro)
- Motor bikes (single-track motor vehicles, including motor bikes with sidecars)
- One-year toll sticker: 34,10 Euro (from 1 December 2016: 34,40 Euro)
- Two-month toll sticker: 12,90 Euro (from 1 December 2016: 13 Euro)
- Ten-day toll sticker: 5,10 Euro (from 1 December 2016: 5,10 Euro)
The sticker for the year 2017 which is turquoise coloured will be valid from 1 December 2016. The mandarin orange coloured stickers for the year 2016 can be used until 31 January 2017. From 1 February 2017, only the new turquoise coloured stickers will be valid.
Information on special regulations for disabled peopleGerman text is available on the German website at HELP.gv.at.
Drivers of vehicles with a permissible maximum weight exceeding 3.5 t (e.g. heavy goods vehicles, buses, heavy mobile homes) must pay a mileage-based toll for the use of motorways and expressways (HGV toll system).
There is a graduation for the tariffs for mileage-based toll (vehicles exceeding 3.5 t) according to the EURO emission classes. When the EURO emission class has been declared at one of the GO outlets it is stored on the GO-box. From that moment on this class is taken into account for toll transactions. If a EURO emission class which leads to a lower toll tariff than Euro III or Euro 3 is declared (from EURO IV or EURO 4 on or better) it has to be proven.
Please note .
Federal Chancellery – HELP Editorial Staff
Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology